Prevention Sector Leaders Community of Practice
Creating the social change to end violence against women requires courage, vision, commitment and, most importantly, collaboration. As leading practitioners in our sector we are key voices for that change. We are the ones who ask the important questions, reflect on what needs to happen and help find ways to end violence against women. When we share our wisdom and expertise, have the space to reflect, as well as the opportunity to connect, share and learn from each other, only then can we can take our practice to the next level.
DVRCV’s Sector Leaders Community of Practice (CoP) gives you the unique opportunity to do just that. Our specialised CoP will enable you to connect with a community of likeminded practitioners and help pave the way for transformational leadership to prevent violence against women.
What is a DVRCV Community of Practice?DVRCV’s CoP brings together practitioners working to prevent violence against women. Practitioners build their capacity by directing and shaping their own learning experience in a structured forum. Our CoP fosters collaboration to troubleshoot practice problems and works towards providing practical solutions that could not be achieved by working in isolation.
Who is this community of practice for?Our Sector Leaders CoP is designed for experienced practitioners, policy workers, managers and leaders who are currently involved in prevention of violence against women and preventing family violence initiatives. This CoP is best suited for those who have a significant role in informing and supporting organisational activities for the advancement of gender equality and the prevention of violence against women.
You will have the opportunity to:
What to expect
- Participate in six action-driven workshops
- Define the purpose, structure and focus of each session
- Be guided by the expert facilitation of DVRCV’s capability-building specialists
- Work together with your peers to solve mutual practice problems
- Share resources and expertise with one another
- Map knowledge and gaps in your work
[It was] emotionally expansive and supportive – linking leadership theory into practice.
The community of practice provided an opportunity to step back and reflect on questions of good leadership in the PVAW space…[It was]great to share relevant hopes, experiences, challenges, and bring a range of useful insights and skills with people working across this sector.
Past Community of Practice participants
- Six sessions, held on Wednesday afternoons at Space&Co, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne
- Participation is free to participants, and is funded by the Victorian government’s, Free From Violence Strategy
- To be accepted into the program you must be available to attend the first two sessions, and have a strong commitment to every session.
Contact informationFor more information about the program, contact DVRCV’s training team at [email protected] or 03 8346 5266.
Please register your interest in this Community of Practice by signing up below. We will confirm your booking by email.
|Expression of Interest - 2020 - Prevention Sector Leaders Community of Practice||-||01:30 pm - 04:30 pm||-||6||$0.00|