Introduction to Preventing Violence Against Women (PVAW) – Foundation course
Do you understand the link between everyday sexism and violence against women? Are you passionate about creating a world free from violence against women but unsure where to begin? If this rings true, then our new Introduction to Preventing Violence Against Women (PVAW) – foundation course is the program for you. Upon its completion you will have a toolkit of information and strategies to take action in your workplaces and everyday life, or to kick start your career in preventing violence against women.
Understanding the link between gender inequality, everyday sexism and violence against women can be challenging. From the outside, the prevention world can look like a complex landscape, filled with language and concepts leaving many of us unsure about where to begin and how we can take effective action. That’s why DVRCV has tailored a course just for you!
Our new ‘Intro to PVAW’ course provides the ideal jumpstart for anyone interested in commencing a career in this sector. Our course cuts through the jargon leaving you with the confidence, knowledge and tools to either kick start your prevention career, or play a more active role in your professional and personal life to help end violence against women.
If this course sparks your interest or that of your colleagues, we invite you to join us to build this important movement together!
What you will learn
- The facts: the evidence, nature, prevalence and impact of violence against women
- Key terms and definitions on violence against women, family violence and gender drivers
- Myths and facts on the drivers of violence against women
- How violence against women and gender inequality are related
- The difference between primary, secondary and tertiary responses to violence against women
- How to manage resistance, wellbeing and reflective practice
- How best practice actions and approaches to reduce violence against women
Who this training is for
- Professionals or anyone new to the prevention of violence against women.
- Anyone keen to increase their understanding of violence against women and confidence to take action to prevent it
- New team members and colleagues of experienced prevention practitioners
- You do not need any previous experience to attend. If you want to develop your skills in project planning, advocacy and communication, we recommend you do our three-day Prevention in Practice course here.
Our Preventing Violence Against Women (PVAW) – Fundamentals course is based on recognised industry standards as outlined in the Preventing Family Violence and Violence Against Women Capability Framework.
Introduction to Preventing Violence Against Women (PVAW) – foundation course is based on recognised industry standards as outlined in the Preventing Family Violence and Violence Against Women Capability Framework. It includes a range of interactive activities and evidence-based resources, and provides opportunities for participants to share ideas, ask questions, engage in reflective practice and learn from one other.
As an introductory course, you do not need any previous experience to attend. For those wanting to develop your skills in project planning, advocacy and communication, we recommend you do our three-day foundational course link here.
$365 (Full-Fee, no GST)
$155 (Partners in Prevention members and SHS funded workers)
If you’re just signing up to the Partners in Prevention Network while you register for this training, please get in contact with the DVRCV training team on 83465266 to organise your discount.