WAIT LIST – Prevention in Practice (three-day course) *NEW* –
September 1, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Prevention in Practice (three-day course) *NEW*
This NEW three-day course is based on recognised industry standards and provides the foundational knowledge and skills to give all prevention practitioners, especially those new to the sector, a comprehensive introduction to prevention program design, from development to successful implementation.
This three-day course provides the foundational knowledge and skills to give all prevention practitioners, especially those new to the sector, a comprehensive introduction to prevention program design, from development to successful implementation.
The course is based on recognised industry standards (the Preventing Family Violence and Violence Against Women Capability Framework). It includes a range of interactive activities and evidence-based resources, and provides opportunities for participants to share ideas, ask questions, engage in reflective practice and learn from other participants.
What will I learn?
The course is delivered in three sequential modules:Day 1: Understanding prevention
- The forms, prevalence and impacts of violence against women
- Factors that drive violence against women
- Intersectionality and PVAW
- Best practice approaches to preventing violence against women
- How to respond to disclosures of VAW
Day 2: Design for Success
- How to design, implement and evaluate PVAW initiatives
- How to apply an intersectional lens to PVAW practice
Day 3: Communicate for Change
- How to effectively communicate your PVAW work to a range of audiences
- How to advocate for policy and practice reform
- How to plan for and respond to resistance
- How to consider and embed strategies for worker wellbeing into your practice
Who is this training for?
- Prevention practitioners who are new to the sector, with less than 12 months of experience, who have a role in the design and implementation of PVAW initiatives.
- Experienced practitioners who are keen to build their skills and knowledge in prevention program design, implementation, evaluation, communication and advocacy.
What past participants say:
[Prevention in Practice] created a sound foundation for the primary prevention workforce. Feeling I belong to part of the field of practice/expertise is great. [I also liked] the exercises that sparked reflection conversations with other practitioners. It helped develop a shared language and understanding.
Really enjoyed today and appreciated a space to work with other practitioners and share knowledge - a great professional reflection.
I will apply more of an intersectional lens to my work and think about how to make my project more inclusive.
$1095 (Full-Fee, no GST)
$365 (Partners in Prevention members and SHS funded workers)
If you’re just signing up to the Partners in Prevention Network while you register for this training, please get in contact with the DVRCV training team on 83465266 to organise your discount.
|WAIT LIST - Prevention in Practice (three-day course) *NEW* -||WAIT LIST ONLY||09:30 am - 04:30 pm||CBD||14||$0.00|