PreventX – 1 April 2020
April 1 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$150
PreventX 2020 is DVRCV’s annual conference for the primary prevention of violence against women and family violence, bringing together the best minds to tackle the biggest challenges facing the Victorian prevention sector.
PreventX will give you the opportunity to engage meaningfully with over 30 sector leaders, content experts and one another in an interactive day inspired by conversations, workshops and panel discussions.
You will leave PreventX invigorated, connected and ready to regenerate your work in primary prevention.
Date: April 1, 2020
Time: 9:00 – 5:00 (with post-conference networking opportunity to follow)
Location: Building 16 (Storey Hall) RMIT University
336–348 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000 (The corner of Swanston and La Trobe Street)
Who should attend PreventX?
Anyone and everyone working to prevent violence against women, including through respectful relationships education and the promotion of gender equality.
PreventX has been carefully curated to ensure relevance to attendees with varying levels of experience from across the prevention sector (and beyond).
Why should you attend PreventX?
- To hear from an outstanding line-up of sector leaders and content experts
- To learn about the exciting and innovative prevention work happening across Victoria
- To take part in an interactive professional learning opportunity
- To make new connections with like-minded professionals
- To consume bottomless barista coffee and tasty food made from seasonal native Australian ingredients.
Testimonials from PreventX 2019 attendees
“It was electric! The team behind this is incredible! The energy, people - attendees, experts/ facilitators, MCs, atmosphere, everything was so great. I could tell that diversity and inclusion were prioritised in the planning and organising which was great to see and a step forward for our sector”
“There was time and permission to talk, share, wonder and connect with colleagues from the around the country. It was like we collectively plugged in to a giant power board and recharged and restored… I came away with some fresh thoughts, and some new ideas.”
Watch the highlights from PreventX 2019 here.
The day will include workshops, panel discussions and opportunities to engage with sector leaders and content experts in small groups.
Themes will include:
- The drivers of violence against LGBTIQ people
- Using art to communicate the gendered drivers of violence against women
- Primary prevention in emerging settings
- Advocacy and framing in primary prevention
- Engaging men and boys in primary prevention
- Connecting the dots between funded and unfunded prevention work
- Respectful relationships and prevention in education and care settings
Throughout the day you will have the opportunity to engage meaningfully with over 40 sector leaders and content experts in an interactive day of conversations, workshops and panel discussions.
Explore the PreventX Speakers
More speakers and conference program to be announced over the coming weeks!
The venue offers:
- Wheelchair accessibility
- An all-gender toilet
- Quiet spaces for reflection
- A nearby prayer room
If you anticipate any barriers that may stop you from participating in PreventX please contact us and we will do our best to ensure we can accommodate your requests.
- Early bird tickets: $120 (ends 5pm, January 31st 2020)
- General Admission: $150 (until sold out)
If cost is a barrier to attending, please get in touch at [email protected] and we can find a solution together.
Building 16 (Storey Hall) RMIT University
336–348 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000 (The corner of Swanston and La Trobe St)
Closest Tram stops: RMIT University/Swanston street #7 or Swanston St/La Trobe St #6
Closest Train Station: Melbourne Central Station
There is no onsite parking available. The closest paid parking is off Russell Street or at QV/Melbourne Central.
Speakers, sessions and session times are subject to change without notice due to the nature of running events.
Still have questions?
Please feel free to get in touch with us directly. Email [email protected] or call (03) 8346 5250.
This event has been funded by the Office for Women (Department of Premier and Cabinet, State Government of Victoria) and the Department of Education and Training.
Ticket allocation is now exhausted. Please contact [email protected] if you're after a ticket.
|PreventX 2020||1 April 2020||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||CBD||3||$150.00|