“I found the trainers very good, knowledgeable and allowed everyone to have a say.”
“Best springboard for going into DV work.”
“It was fantastic and the trainers were very easy to understand and had a good inclusive style.”
“An excellent workshop — the pace and reflective modelling by facilitator consistent with content.”
“Good topic and useful workshop material. Useful, relevant, easy to use and incorporate into practice.”
“One of most enjoyable training sessions attended, very, very good, lots of knowledge, kept the day moving, both trainers clear and skilled.”
Who attends DVRCV training?
People who attend our training include paid workers and volunteers from:
- family violence services
- community sector services including youth, alcohol and other drugs, disability, aged care, family services & faith-based organisations
- law enforcement and justice sectors including police, court workers, legal professionals, community corrections and justice workers
- health sector services including maternal and child health, community health, hospitals, aged care & mental health
- education sector including pre-school, primary, secondary and tertiary.
Enrolment terms and conditions
- SHS (formerly SAAP) stands for Specialist Homelessness Services. Most domestic violence and housing/homelessness services are funded under the SHS Program through the Department of Human Services.
- SHS funded training is open to all workers, however SHS funded workers will receive priority.
- Participants who are successful in gaining a place will receive confirmation of their place after the registration closing date. Confirmation includes details of venue, times and any other information required for the training.
- DVRCV requires 10 days notice of cancellation of registration or a refund will not be granted.
- DVRCV is committed to accessibility of our training. If you have any support needs, please let us know.
- Cancellation of registration must be made in writing to DVRCV Training ([email protected]).
- Fees paid will be refunded as follows:
- Cancellation on or before 10 working days prior to course – full refund less administration fee of $50
- Cancellation within 10 working days prior to course – no refund. Refunds within 10 working days can only be provided in extenuating circumstances – at the discretion of DVRCV’s Training Coordinator.
- Registrations are transferable to a colleague at any time prior to the training, provided DVRCV Training is advised in writing.
How do I contact DVRCV about training?
All training related enquiries can be sent via the below enquiry form: